Traveling by car

Coming from central Europe, you can reach some of the coast destinations faster by car than by train. During the summer months traffic at the borders is a bit heavier, and that can cause some delay. To enter and drive in Croatia, you will require a green insurance card and valid national or international driving permit.

Fuel: Petrol stations in big towns and cities as well as on important roads are open non-stop, otherwise the working hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Lead-free petrol is available on all petrol stations and it is called bezolovni (green label). In July and August news and traffic information are broadcast in English and German regularly on main Croatian broadcast stations. A toll is payable on motorways.

Regulations: Traffic drives on the right. Speed limits are 130kph (81mph) on motorways, 100kph (62mph) on dual carriageways, 50kph (31mph) in built-up areas and 80kph (50mph) outside built-up areas. The amount of the fine depends on the extent of the infraction committed. Blood/alcohol limit is 0.5 ppm.
Accidents must be reported to the police (Policija) immediately. Police emergency number is 92.

Croatian Auto Club, HAK (Hrvatski Auto Klub) works together with other international automobile clubs.
HAK, Av. Dubrovnik 44, 10000 Zagreb, tel: 01 66 11 999, fax. 01 66 23 111.
Road service of the HAK is available by dialling 987.

Contact us

  +385 21 398 496
  +385 91 3456 783
  +385 21 398 496



Sun Life Charter Ltd.
Uvala Baluni 9
21000 Split

Partner login
Booking Manager Golden Partner